Gulgong Aero Park – still ALIVE & well.
There has been speculation that when Cudgegong Soaring Club closed this meant the airfield was also no longer operational. This is not the case at all. All aviators no matter what you fly are welcome to visit and use the facilities. For more detail click here.
Situated 9 kms from Gulgong township near Mudgee in central New South Wales, Gulgong Aero Park is a sports aviation gem, suiting sports aviation enthusiasts of all persuasions; soaring, vintage gliders, hang-gliding, para-gliding, model aircraft and power sport aircraft. A warm and friendly atmosphere beckons, with onsite camping available in a tranquil bush setting serviced by a modern toilet and shower block, a club house with log fire, table, chairs & lounge, plus a great BBQ area with outdoor cooking facilities and covered dining area.
Join the fun – inquire or book here.
- Runway length 2,000 meters (6,600 feet); width approx 270 meters (900 feet)
- Height 1,450′ QNH; Runway surface grass covered granite base; nil Obstructions; All slashed area land-able
- Capacity to handle many large power aircraft, up to and including Air ambulance and Airforce C150 Transports
- Modern shower & toilet block , outdoor kitchen & BBQ, camping; cosy clubhouse
- Workshop with mains power & metal working equipment (Club house/solar only)
- Taxi transport to town
- Rental car available